Parameters:
10 sentences
10 minutes
1 image from Deviant Art (photography section)
-search for image based on one word and pick an image from the first page of results.
Today's 10x3S is:
- Based on the word 'Blue'
- Into the Blue by Magnesina
- Time start, 6:25pm
A world so big, you could be swallowed whole if you didn't watch out.
And I don't watch out.
I have a problem seeing the bigger picture, some say that's a good thing, my experiences tell me otherwise.
The small details become heavy after a while.
After a while, I forget about the end state, the goal, the result, and lose sight of "why".
My sight is stunted from this detailed view, and my life is impacted because of it.
The isolation is unbearable at times; I must be the only person in this world, I'm definitely the only one I see.
The minutiae turns into a vast infinite landscape before me, with always another line to be seen, always another curve to investigate.
I get lost most days; scared, lonely, without purpose... then my eyes are surprised to find an even smaller detail, and even smaller world within the closed-set I view.
And I realize, I'm not lost.
Love the first sentence of this! It flows beautifully and creates a sense of mystery that makes me want to read on. The second sentence is nice too, then we go onto the third one and things get confusing. I don't know who the speaker is, what their situation is, or who "some" is. Is your speaker the flower? Is it a someone looking at the flower? I know this piece is in first person, but I'd like some description of who this is.
ReplyDeleteThe metaphor you have with landscapes and geographical distance is well executed. By the end, I do have some sense of personality - if nothing else about this character. And their realization that they are not lost is a nice, resonant way to end the piece. All in all, I enjoyed this one.