I have been slacking big time and planning for many more friend hang outs than writing moments. I am somewhat tired of my story. Mainly I'm not finding it easy to write. So I want to write something else, but that's not what this competition is about. So I've been waiting until I feel up for writing more about this story. I will, and must, stay on topic. It is a determination and focus test. If I let myself leave the story now, then I'll always leave the story when it gets hard. More and more I realize how unorganized I am with it though. So I am always spending time finding pieces I wrote on other days, having emailed the pieces to myself, and adding them in to my story when I can. If I had a clear idea about what story I want to tell with these characters and this pandemic, then it would be easier to jump right in. But I think I'm changing the type of disease again, so the people will be more like 28 days later zombies, and not just spiteful degenerates. meh. I'm not going to give an excerpt cause it's late and I'd like to go to sleep.
I've been reading the hunger games (just finished today) and thus was unable to write. I think when I'm so involved in a story of another authors writing, I can't separate myself. Something I'll have to work on.
No comments:
Post a Comment