Monday, November 21, 2011

Keeping it going - 2157

I am roughly 3 days behind now. I think at this stage in the game, with my story not really following any canon or timeline, I'm just going to keep my goal of "FINISHING" in mind, and continue to write. I realize that my first story won't be amazing, and that I probably will have to edit like mad on this story in the next couple of months. But that doesn't mean I'm not bummed by my inability to keep a storyline together. How do these writers do it? Have an idea for new technology, and never falter on what all the ins/outs, pros and cons are? I seem to start writing scenes not realizing at first that I have said the completely opposite for a character previously. Oh well, I suppose it's all a learned skill.
Excerpt is below:



As I’m trying to decipher just what exactly she meant, I walk down the tiny aisle of chargers and look for any signs denoting car-phone chargers. I am so caught up in my search for the charger that I don’t hear the movement on the other side of the shelves. I pull a package closer to me to read the specifics and catch a glimpse of the bluest eyes I’ve ever seen. Taken aback, but not startled by the sudden life form in front of me, I just stand there, entranced, waiting for the eyes to blink. Another 30 seconds go by, and neither of us blinks, but finally I clear my throat and say “Hi, umm, my name's Lucy.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment